Salt TherapyBenefits of Salt Therapy
BENEFITS OF SALT THERAPY
Salt has been known for its healing properties for thousands of years. Salt is naturally antimicrobial and therefore extremely immune boosting as bacteria cannot survive in a salt environment. The sharp crystalline structure of the salt also destroys the hard shell of viruses promoting immunity against viruses and parasites.
Salt Wellness uses pharmaceutical grade sodium chloride to successfully treat the symptoms of many respiratory and skin conditions. Each salt therapy session is tailored to your specific condition.
If you don’t have a skin or lung condition, the active salt therapy works to reduce inflammation deeper in the body, helping reduce pain and fatigue.
The raw and unprocessed salt used in a salt therapy session is very concentrated in magnesium. Most people are deficient in this very important mineral. You can readily absorb a great dose of magnesium within a single treatment promoting better digestion, easing muscle pain and cramps as well as calming the mind.
The negative ions of salt absorbed in the bloodstream via the lungs during a salt therapy session also improve cell’s metabolic processes and strengthen the functions of the autonomic nerves.
Below is a list of the most common conditions treatable with salt therapy, and a brief description of the physiological processes involved in each.
- Asthma in both children and adults: Salt acts as a natural anti-inflammatory, widening airways, absorbing edema (excess fluid trapped in the body’s tissues), reducing bronchospasm by humidifying and fluidizing bronchial secretions.
- Ear infections, Acute Otitis Media (AOM): Aerosolized salt particles reduce swelling caused by fluid in the eustachian tube, widen airways, and promote better drainage aeration behind the eardrum. Salt therapy also relieves cold symptoms often linked to infections, reducing nasal congestion by opening passages.
- Allergies (particularly Rhinitis or Hay Fever): Various airborne allergies can be treated drug free, with long lasting results. Salt therapy widens the airways of the respiratory tract as micro particles of salt destroy bacteria throughout your sinuses and respiratory system, reducing inflammation in both areas, clearing blockages in the bronchi, bronchioles and sinus cavities, and cleansing your system of airborne pathogens (tar, dust, pollen and smoke) which trigger Rhinitis.
- Acute or Chronic Bronchitis (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD): Salt therapy at the Salt Wellness Centre improves your lung function by clearing them of accumulated mucous, making it easier for you to breathe. When mucus is removed, your respiratory tract will widen and clear, eventually putting an end to chronic coughing after large amounts of now mobilized mucous are expelled.
- Cold and Flu Symptoms: Halotherapy opens nasal airways, kills bacteria, activates sinus drainage, and decongests your chest by accelerating the clearance of mucous. Coughing and sneezing eventually subside as a result.
- Cystic fibrosis: Salt therapy brings relief by opening up the respiratory tract, clearing accumulated mucous, and unclogging blockages in the bronchi and bronchioles. Microscopic salt particles also absorb edema from the mucosa lining in the airway passages, reducing inflammation in the respiratory tract. Salt Wellness halotherapy also facilitates the drainage of sinusitis, promoting healing to one of the most common and debilitating symptoms of Cystic Fibrosis.
- Dermatitis (including Contact Dermatitis, Eczema, and Psoriasis): Salt Wellness salt bed treatments are a drug free way to find relief from skin irritation, itching and inflammation common to Dermatitis. As clients recline in an enclosed bed, microscopic salt particles (ranging in size from 1 um to 5 microns) infused into the air, are absorbed by your skin, killing bacteria and fungi and acting as a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Emphysema: Salt particles absorb edema from the mucosa lining the airway passages, widening the area and reducing inflammation. This allows blockages in the bronchi and bronchioles to unclog and restore normal transportation of mucous, as well as clearing the respiratory tract from allergens like pollen and tobacco smoke. Halotherapy also destroys bacteria and germs.
- Sinusitis: Symptoms are eased by opening blockages to the sinus tract. Salt particles draw out fluid, accelerating mucous clearance and reducing edema of the nasal mucousa, which leads to widening of the airway passages in the nose and sinuses, facilitating sinus drainage. Salt therapy also reduces infection and kills bacteria. With regular treatment, Sinusitis sufferers can expect to significantly reduce their dependence on prescription drugs.
- Also beneficial for boosting immunity for increased resistance against illnesses, reducing pain and muscle cramps (including growing pains for children) as well as boosting magnesium levels for those experiencing magnesium deficiencies.