EAT, DRINK, BE MERRY & BE HEALTHY
We all look forward to this special fun time when we can eat sweet treats, enjoy pumpkin lattes, and a few cocktails…basically, Eat, Drink and Be Merry!
It is fun at the time but often enough, we can easily begin to exhibit symptoms and experience an increase in bloating, indigestion and fatigue after meals. Incorporate the following when overindulging, overeating or if you’re already having trouble digesting:
- Multi Spectrum Enzyme – helps break down all foods including sugars and carbohydrates, protein and fats
- Probiotics – can help you assimilate your meals by increasing your digestibility and absorption of nutrients (I like Renew Life brand 50 Billion; if that’s too strong, try 25 Billion to start)
- Eat whole and plant foods with your treats – to obtain minerals and vitamins to alleviate fatigue and lethargy
- Too many treats around and not enough Whole Food options? Use a Trace Mineral supplement to keep your energy levels up and your stress levels down
- Have some raw cultured foods on hand such as sauerkraut and plain yogurt (a great sour cream replacement!)
- Cramping? Gas? Use 100% Peppermint Essential Oil and rub some around the abdomen
- Nauseous? Overindulged? Try homeopathic remedy Nux Vomica; 2 pellets under the tongue 15 min away from food and drink
- Balance those sweet treats with some protein such as nuts, cheese, or meat to avoid blood sugar havoc
- Include fresh fruit and vegetables when filling up to avoid overeating unhealthy foods.
We all like to indulge once in a while and it’s all good as long as we aren’t suffering so I hope these tips can help you eliminate any discomfort this season and enjoy a symptom free holiday!