MONTH 5 OF OUR WELLNESS FEATURE
Our lungs are sensitive organs. Even without lung disease present, once the adrenals, digestive system, thyroid and heart have suffered any unresolved issues, the lungs can then weaken and become compromised. Combine that with pollution, second hand smoke, mold, microbes and many other things we are exposed to and our lungs can get overloaded even without lung disease present. They work hard to take air in and out and move oxygen throughout our vessels but also to expel toxins. When the toxic build-up becomes too much, our lungs can develop mucus and inflammation within the lung tissues. This can cause problems such as:
- Difficulty Breathing
- Chronic Bronchitis/Pneumonia
- Respiratory Failure
- Lung Cancer
- Chimney Smoke
- Microbes (Bacteria and Viruses)
WHAT CAN WE DO?
- Cease smoking (easier said than done for some – seek acupuncture or hypnotherapy for support)
- Yoga/Breathing Exercises (research shows that mindful breathing can actually clear passage ways and bring vital oxygen to the lungs to irradiate microbial activity within the lungs)
- Avoid heavy polluted areas
- Avoid chemical fragrances such as perfume and artificial scents
- Use a hepa air filter in the home, especially in colder months when windows are kept closed
- Use 100% aromatherapy in diffusers/infusers to disinfect the air (eucalyptus, cedarwood, lemon, cypress, peppermint, tea tree)
- Genuine Himalayan Salt Lamps purify the air as the natural salt destroys bacteria, mold and viruses lingering in the air
- Mild to Moderate Cardio exercise (varying levels depending on severity of lung condition)
THERAPEAUTIC TREATMENT OPTIONS
- HALO THERAPY (DRY SALT THERAPY)
Did you know that Halo Therapy (Dry Salt Therapy) is an excellent way to relieve and improve any lung conditions? Try our Salt Therapy packages this month to boost your lung health and immunity while also combating inflammation and stress. On top of these benefits, halo therapy also improves digestion, skin inflammation and sleep.
- EUCALYPTUS STEAM
Don’t’ have access to a steam? Try our Little Fox Eucalyptus Shower Steamers – on sale this month!
- INFRARED SAUNA THERAPY
Boost immunity, combat colds and reduce inflammation with Infrared Sauna Therapy. It’s also a fantastic way to warm up during this cold season.
- CHEST COMPRESSES USING CAMPHOR, CBD BALM/SALVE, BREATHE EASY BALM
Try our new Extra Strength CBD Balm or our other Healthy Lungs Products on special this month!
EAT PRO LUNG FOODS SUCH AS:
- High folate foods such as legumes, asparagus, eggs, leafy greens, beets, citrus fruits, brussel sprouts, broccoli, nuts and seeds
- Foods high in Vitamin A such as carrots, squash, sweet potato, pumpkin and cod liver oil
- Vitamin A
- High quality fish oil or cod liver oil
- Silver throat and nose spray; oral silver used as a natural antibiotic (now selling in store – NEW THIS MONTH)
- Probiotics (particularly L. plantarum, L. acidophilus, B. bifidum, and B. infantis)
Take advantage of all our Salt Therapy and Healthy Lungs product specials this month and give your lungs some relief!